Friday, October 15, 2010

New Hair, More Shopping and a Slight Rant?

 



I recently dyed my hair on Sunday, and it bugs me so much!! XD My hair was beginning to get pretty black so I was going to lighten it back to dark-medium brown. But then I saw Eki-chan's hair and which dye she used (L'OREAL from above). Decided to give it a try since her results were the light brown I really liked. And BAM, my after results is... reddish... orange? In the 2nd pic, it really looks that way because of the warm lighting. But even when I'm in normal fluorescent lighting as shown in the below pic, the top is SO orange. Dx From mid-down, I think the color is nice. At the crown, not so much. It's been a week and the color has faded more so it's not as bad as when I first finished. I'm hoping it'll darken even more next week. ^^;; The top color is just so hard to match with my clothes now...


 

Mom and I went down to Richmond again and I bought the above leggings 'cause I was looking for some to buy online, but it seemed too expensive with all the shipping just for socks, basically. The place I got it from is still so... sketchy. XD Store called MoonChii. The shop keeper is one of those older Chinese women who sells all these Japanese clothing brands right? Now usually if they're real, they sell it at crazy ass prices $100+; but her store, she sells them really cheap. Almost close to the prices you can buy online without shipping. The thing is all the items in her store are FAKE or that Taiwan brand which copies JP styles. Save for maybe 1-2 real items. The most I buy from that store are just accessories like my previous usamimi ears or Juicy Couture stuff because those are real.

I saw a pink pair of Liz Lisa shorts and decided to check it out, but next to the LL logo, there was a black "Size M" tag... Er, if I remember correctly, they don't have that. The sizes are typically listed on the price tag or "washing instructions" tag right? It looked like the logo was sewed over amateurishly too. I picked up these fur leggings and she immediately told me they were LL. I don't think that brand makes these (or at least, not recently?) She quickly flashed me the "tag", so I was just nodding along like, "ok, ok" lol. When I got out into the car later on and inspected it, the LL logo tag said, "LiyaLisa TM" LMFAO! WTH?! I didn't care if it was real or not from the start, I just wanted them (they were $30 btw), but lying to me and saying it's LL is kinda sad...

She treated me so nicely too 'cause she thought I was Japanese when I then told her I wasn't. She still thought I looked really Japanese, but after I told her that comment, I think I felt a change in attitude from her. Like before, she was sucking up and when I denied I was Japanese, she all of a sudden had a superior front and think I'm some naive girl who knows nothing about JP fashion or the country. So I said if I was Japanese, I'd rather go back home and buy the items there because it'd be cheaper. She intervened and said, "no it's not. You have to pay taxes" when taxes are included in the prices already, are they not? When you think about it, yea, you can get items cheaper online. But you have to be aware of fakes. Also depending, you get charged fees, shipping, commission etc. Didn't want to be all haughty and start an argument because I want to keep being THAT polite, so I just pretended to be ignorant and nod along. I checked online actually and it turned out the leggings I got were inspired by Yumetenbo but copied into Liz Lisa. A LOT of Taobao stores sell them as fakes. (That 2nd modeled pick above I actually took from Taobao. The checkered shorts you can see are similar to the pink one I saw). WOW...

She showed me the Fall/Winter catalog she had for Liz Lisa (now THAT was real LOL) and told me all the stuff she's ordering which should be coming in next week. Told me she'll message me when they arrive. She asked me about my white sweater and said that she saw it on sale for so much lesser. (around $40. Mine was $48+shipping so about $60 total) So yea she's trying to get me to buy from her because it's more convenient and cheap (no need to order and pay for fees). I slipped in that I'm worried about imitation items but she assured me that all the items are real... Well then why was my leggings and those shorts on the rack, fake? She's telling me about how her items come from HK+JP. I asked her where, she just vaguely told me she buys directly from the companies in those countries so I don't have to worry. They ALL look like Taobao or Ebay items. -.- I wonder if I should pop in next week and inspect the new Liz Lisa clothes to see if they're real or not. Her items are apparently always sold out, but in my opinion, it's either because the Chinese girls are dumb and want to boast about their "Japanese brand items" without knowing it's fake or they don't care and just want cheap items (like me). But I'll only go "so far" for fakes~ Should I point out or complain about my leggings to her? XP

Besides all that lol. I bought some new cute underwear from one of my fave Asian lingerie stores~ =3 They also say their stuff is from France but I think otherwise. Ah well, I don't care, it's just cute, cheap underwear. If it's branded like Ravijour or something, then that's a different story.

I was in desperate need of a sling bag nowadays, because my GUESS one, the shoulder sling is too thin and the bag gets really heavy. I needed a smaller or lighter one so it doesn't hurt my shoulders. Decided to buy this because it looked cute. Was bigger than what I intended to buy but... XD No it's not a Louis Vuitton fake. I'm totally against that, because big brands like those are one of my loves. Being a fashion student too, it's just against my pride lol. The pattern is just similar, but doesn't say LV, nor intends to be a copy, so it's a pass! =3

 
On my break from work, I FINALLY got these leggings I've been meaning to buy, but was too lazy too. XD;; Only $5 each~ Bottom pic is of me quickly wearing one of them!

 

After my last post on everyday_gyaru, people suggested I do something with my eyebrows. So I went ahead and tried to shape it more. Now it's thinner with an arch and colored in brown. =3 Is it ok? Last image is the change in comparison to the 2 top pics.


Once again, thank you for reading my blog everyone! Drawing and winner announcement for the giveaway is tomorrow! =D

ps. Yes Emy, most of the stuff here was covered by my mom but I still spent money on some items! XDDD I ALMOST went through with our promise, but I think I will start my shopping ban next month in November LOL! I'm going to school anyways so I won't be shopping a lot. =P

13 comments:

  1. Oh i like how your hair turned out ^^ and you have really pretty eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfits ~

    and it always suprises me how rude people are..when i go to a market and see fake chanel they also still insist it's real LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLLLLLLLLLLLL KATHYYYYYYYYYYYY♥♥♥
    i dont have parents that buy me stuff like yours :(

    soooooooooooo cute though,
    but you gotta be careful for liz lisa replicas ahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the eyebrows! It looks good on you!:) Also love the fury legwarmers! ^^

    <3cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Johanna: Thank you! I think I'm ok with the hair color now that it's gotten a bit darker. XD Doesn't look orange anymore!

    @robin: Thank you~ I know eh?? Seriously, we're not dumb lol. Especially with yours, there's no such thing as a "real Chanel" on the market. It's like... not legal to sell it there unless in some cases it's used/re-selling within a private store. By retail, no way~ I wonder how much they tried to sell it to you? XD

    @EMY: ♥ XD WHY??? I thought at least most parents will buy stuff for their kids. Whether it's cheap-mid price. Doesn't have to be expensive! =P Yes, those dang replicas~ It was actually from the store we went to together where I tried on that top and didn't like it. 8D

    @Cassandra: Thank you! I'm glad it didn't out too messy-looking and eyebrow-less like last time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyebrows look perfect! I used to have really thick and dark eyebrows. You can try using eyebrow mascra, it can make your eyebrows become light brown colour and the result is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sarah: Thank you! ^^
    Yupyup, I have the PALTY eyebrow mascara, but don't use it much since I bought it when I was blonde. XD So the color's a bit different~ Instead, I just use an eyebrow pencil + shadow to color in and make it medium brown. =3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello

    You mentioned some taobao shops selling gyaru stuff. Could you please suggest some to me? :3
    Also what lenses are you wearing? They come out really clearly, while ones I get dissapear into my dark brown eyes -_-;

    ReplyDelete
  9. @tablesheet: I actually don't shop on Taobao XD I'm kinda against it 'cause they sell so many fakes/imitation, which was what my rant was about LOL! So many other people buy from those sellers and re-sell them when they're fakes. I only know maybe 3-4 sellers on there that have legit items. Most of the stuff they have are only Liz Lisa though... Let me know if you're still interested. =)

    As for the lenses, I'm wearing the Honey one from Tsubasa's Wing Series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouhh, lol I guess I missed the point a bit, I thought you were ranting about the chinese lady more x3
    I just have a few questions about the fake taobao stores if you don't mind xp
    - do they price the fakes as real item prices?
    - how can I make sure the stores legit?
    - Is the quality of the fakes really bad?

    I'm looking to go more into the gal style so I wouldn't mind buying fakes *gasp* to start off with. I'm also 175cm tall so I'm worried that many items of clothing will be too short on me.
    So I'm interested in knowing about a few fake + legit stores :)

    I thought they were, they suit you well :3 I'm planning on ordering a pair, hopefully they will work for me too (curse my asian eyes xp)

    Annd another question...are your eyes naturally double lid? If not what do you use?

    Thank you & sorry for many questions xp

    ReplyDelete
  11. @tablesheet: LOL! Well that too~ XDD
    1. They price about the same as fakes or a bit cheaper
    2. That's the hard part~ T_T I ask around my friends because they use it more and know. Apparently you should check the sellers feedback or because I'm a freak about authenticity, I actually compare the real pics of the clothes to the actual item. You will notice differences sometimes and that's fake. The fabric seems much cheaper at times too, or they're imitations and don't even have the brand logo on the item.
    3. It's not REALLY bad... Not as good as the real, but overall not too bad.

    Here's a list of legit LL stores that sells them afford-ably:
    http://shop33238211.taobao.com/
    http://xiaomonan.taobao.com/
    http://mixgirl.taobao.com/
    http://vivid.taobao.com/

    Sometimes there's stores like http://hellochild.taobao.com that sell both fake and real items mixed. They have a lot, but if you look closely, it feels different somehow to the authentic ones. Actually a good example would be this lol: http://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/auction/b16518885?u=leungpox (they have it on Taobao too) It's a copy of the sweater I have and you can tell the fabric isn't good and slightly different patterned. Also the logo says JOYLIFE. XD You can see a subtle difference here too: (different fabric, color a bit dark, no blue flowers, buttons on real ver. aren't plastic roses) http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8351/hdrm.jpg

    Basically use your own judgment. =) Just hitting the search button on TB will give you a lot of results but they're mostly all imitations. XD If you want a specific brand and dunno which store to go to, ask http://helloemy.blogspot.com/ she shops on there a lot and can recommend legit sellers!

    ps. Yes, my eyes are naturally big, double-lidded. x)

    Thank you~! And good luck!♥ If you have trouble with making the appearance of your eyes look big, maybe the King series would help...? (though I never tried them personally) ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the info ^_^
    Can't wait to place a taobao order now :D
    I can sorta tell the quality is lower with the sweater, but not sure I can tell the difference in the flower pattern lol.

    Aw your so lucky. Yeah, I use the King series, they work lol. There's no other asians where I live so my friends don't fully understand why I wear them, whilst other people get freaked out by them XD

    This isn't legit is it: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7426126745
    The edging lace looks different from the magazine scan they have.

    Soo many clothes to choose from I don't know where to start lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @tablesheet: Oh for the flower pattern, they're different roses/style and the blue color is missing. XD The pink is also wrong (this is probably why I'm studying fashion lol)

    The bottom lace for that one DOES look a bit different from the scan, but it could be the lighting/how the pic is taken... There's a LL logo on the actual product pic but tbh, I'm not sure if that IS LL. (doesn't seem like the usual style) Most people just make cute items and slap the logo on so that it's "Liz Lisa" when it never was lol.

    But you should make the decision~ =)

    ReplyDelete